MHPC Job Openings
The mission of the Metrolina Healthcare Preparedness Coalition is to facilitate coordination and cooperation throughout the Metrolina region to ensure partners have the capability to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergent health and medical events. The MHPC facilitates a regional healthcare preparedness program that enables Local, Regional, and State partners to collectively improve response to and recovery from major emergencies. The region includes 13 counties, 21 hospitals, and 11 county EMS agencies.
Recent projects have included the development of standardized Hospital 1st Receiver Guidance for the state of North Carolina, a regional exercise series, HVA education and workshops, and long term care emergency preparedness training. The MHPC also manages a State Medical Assistance Team.
Performs daily functions in warehouse, including maintenance of supplies/upkeep, radio testing, inventory management and restock, and assist with deployment/demobilization of resources as needed.
- Operates CHS Vehicles and warehouse forklift
- Deployment/demobilization of resources needed
- Performs monthly regional radio checks with partners
- Builds twice-yearly restock orders of medical equipment for warehouse and asset use
- Receives and inventories new equipment; removes and replaces aging inventory
- Ensures proper fleet maintenance programs to all assets and vehicles.
- Operates vehicles in all types of weather.
- Sweeps and empties trash in the warehouse area only
- Maintains disaster response equipment and vehicles in deployment readiness state.
- Maintains assets in the inventory system according to policy.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment.
Works in office, warehouse, and possibly field settings. Requires ability to move about the medical center complex and warehouse. Requires ability to function independently in an around disaster response vehicles and equipment. Requires ability to lift, move and mobilize heavy disaster response supplies and equipment. Frequent local and regional travel. Must have own dependable transportation. Ability to attend monthly SMAT training meetings and planned events to act as logistics specialist.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Previous warehouse and inventory experience a plus. Experience and/or education in Emergency Medical Services or Emergency Management preferred. Candidate will need to have knowledge of medical equipment and its purpose. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels including, federal, state and local.
Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Access. Must have valid NC Driver’s license, meet the requirements to drive a CHS vehicle, and dependable personal transportation. Position requires applicant to be proficient in various computer programs including Microsoft Office, iCam, and Emerald ordering systems.
To apply, send your resume to Michael Tessari at email@example.com
The Logistics Specialist application period will close on Monday, November 5th, 2018 @ 5pm
Regional Job Openings
None listed at this time