SMAT Initial Training: Hands-On Portion Module 8 HazMat (MHPR0708)
This Course will cover the Hands On Activities associated with the SMAT Initial Training Program Module 8: Hazardous Materials.
- Review the important concpets from the lecture content.
- Review the proper donning and doffing procedures for PPE.
- Develop familiarity with the equipment of OSHA Level C PPE.
- Don and doff PPE under the supervision of trained instructors and technicians.
- Remove potentially contaminated PPE.
- Discuss limitations of PPE in the context of the field activity.
- Demonstrate the setting up and taking down of a Reeves Decontamination Shelter.
- Discuss the elements of typical SMAT Decontamination Trailer.
- Discuss Ambulatory and perform Non-Ambulatory (litter) decontamination procedures.
Offered in partnership with Central Piedmont Community College. The course carries 0.40 CEUs
You must be a member of an State Medical Assistance Team or other Public Safety agency to qualify for the course Fee Waiver. It is also recommneded that you have already completed the lecture portion of the SMAT Initial Training Program (either online or classroom).
Visit the link below to register