SMAT Initial Training: Hands-On Portion Module 8 HazMat (MHPR0708)
This Course will cover the Hands On Activities associated with the SMAT Initial Training Program Module 8: Hazardous Materials.
- Review the important concpets from the lecture content.
- Review the proper donning and doffing procedures for PPE.
- Develop familiarity with the equipment of OSHA Level C PPE.
- Don and doff PPE under the supervision of trained instructors and technicians.
- Remove potentially contaminated PPE.
- Discuss limitations of PPE in the context of the field activity.
- Demonstrate the setting up and taking down of a Reeves Decontamination Shelter.
- Discuss the elements of typical SMAT Decontamination Trailer.
- Discuss Ambulatory and perform Non-Ambulatory (litter) decontamination procedures.
Offered in partnership with Central Piedmont Community College. The course carries 0.40 CEUs
You must be a member of an State Medical Assistance Team or other Public Safety agency to qualify for the course Fee Waiver. It is also recommneded that you have already completed the lecture portion of the SMAT Initial Training Program (either online or classroom).
Visit the link below to register
Upcoming Educational Opportunities
Please note: All classes marked (CDP) will route you to FEMA’s Center for Domestic Preparedness Website where you will be prompted to enter your...
SMAT Monthly Meeting
Meetings moved to 3rd Thursday of the month 2018 Dates: November 15th December 20th MHPC/SMAT Warehouse 3311 Beam Road Suite A Charlotte, NC 28217...
MHPC Quarterly Meeting
When: December 13th, 2019 09:30am – 12:30pm Where: MHPC Warehouse 3311-A Beam Road Charlotte, NC 28217 What: Coalition Updates Republic National Convention Updates Register:
Jurisdictional Threat and Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
What: Jurisdictional Threat and Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment When: December 4th and 5th, 2019 8:00am – 5:00pm Where: MHPC Warehouse 3311-A Beam Rd.,...